Sunday, January 31, 2010

Eating my Time

All this should have been handled in December 2008 when the account was paid off in the amount given by the customer service rep at Chase. Fortunately for me right now being unemployed leaves me with time on my hands. I have been dealing with this since May 2009 or December 2008 depending on how you look at it. This account had paper statements coming in the mail up until the pay off date in December 2008. From that point forward the account was enrolled in paperless statements without my knowledge or consent. Anyone would conclude that after paying a credit card off and cancelling it, it would no longer be present or exist. That is what I thought and this was reinforced by the fact that I was no longer getting statements, like when the account did exist. What could possibly be hard to understand about that.

In May 2009, shortly after receiving this letter.  I came to the conclusion that 1.) My account had not been closed and 2.)  I had used the wrong credit card online in my February 2009 book purchases.

Since December I have not heard or thought of my credit card because I paid it off and cancelled it.  I now have this piece of mail telling me differently.
At this point I am furious that it was not cancelled.  I call to talk to the customer rep not to dispute the charges, I accept responsibility for not meticulously checking the account that was being charged on Amazon.  However I still do not understand how an account can be charged if it is cancelled. I call to take care of the balance and ensure that this account is cancelled.  You know like as in terminated, no longer usable the list could go on but the meaning is the same.

I ask, "How much do I need to pay in order to have this account paid off leaving zero balance?" OK  then I say, "I need you to cancel this account.  Make it so it is no longer usable, nothing can be charged on it."

0 comments:

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment